INNOPLEX is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business dedicated to making a difference in the world.
the importance of the work our employees perform and strive to hire individuals that value loyalty, integrity, respect, and honesty
. This cultural fabric enables us to foster a high performing team in a family-like environment.
Come join us!
We're currently looking for a Signals Software Engineer experienced with Digital Signal Processing (DSP
) and Wireless Protocols
along with a strong software background to perform cutting-edge research and development on Software Defined Radio (SDR
) and protocol processing systems.
The Level 2 Signals Software Engineer will:
- Develop, maintain, and enhance signal processing software (e.g. detectors, demodulators, protocol processors). Works individually or as part of a team.
- Review and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolve software problem reports.
- Utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provide specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
The ideal candidate for this position should have strong Signals Analysis experience with experience using common signals analysis tooling, the ability to develop Signal Demod/Decode Libraries in C++
, experience with Python and Software Defined Radio and Software-defined Radio Principles, and a math discipline
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SSWE or equivalent experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- At least seven (7) years of experience as a SSWE or equivalent on a project with a focus on Radio Frequency (RF) to include experience with Fourier transforms, filtering, communications theory, digital modulation, error control coding, signals analysis tools (e.g. WVT, DVT), and digital signal processing (e.g. adaptive beamforming/filtering, demodulation).
- Experience with software defined radio architectures (e.g. SCA, REDHAWK, or GNU), commercial wireless standards, geolocation techniques, software configuration management tools (e.g. GIT, Clearquest, Trac, or Subversion), Python, Eclipse IDE, Google Protocol Buffer, model-based design (e.g. Matlab, SIMULINK), service oriented architecture, and Linux OS is required.
- 5G/LTE wireless interface protocols
- Analyzing and implementing RF protocols
- Prototyping in a Linux development environment
- Working in complex RF environments
- Knowledge of multi-threaded signal processing algorithms in Python/C+
Current & active TS/SCI clearance with appropriate polygraph
INNOPLEX, LLC is a family-focused company that has won numerous awards for Top Ranked Benefits, Best Places to Work, and Best Government Contractor in Howard County! Established in 2005, we have over 100 employees with the majority having a rich military service history. Our employees are mostly located in the surrounding areas of Columbia, MD and Aberdeen, MD. INNOPLEX, LLC is a mission-focused company with a wide range of expertise to include RF SIGINT Solutions, Wireless Protocol Processing, Cyber, and Mission Critical IT Operations.
INNOPLEX, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.