INNOPLEX is a service-disabled veteran-owned small business over 100 employees strong, but puts its employees first! Over the last 15 years we have built a company shaped by our workforce. We only hire the best, most driven and talented people to help us support the most important customer in the world.
- The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse
- software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development,
- manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management
- information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as
- part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design
- requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes
- software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the
- development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of
- system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of
- Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new
- development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop or implement algorithms to meet or exceed system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write or review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions by analyzing system performance standards, confer with users or system engineers; analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes; and investigate problem areas
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Design or implement complex algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints; Perform quality control on team products
- Confer with system engineers and hardware engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Select the software development process in coordination with the customer and system engineering
Desired Skills: (some but not all)
- Proficient in C and C++
- Windows or Linux development experience
- Strong Oral and Written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships
- C/C++ development experience
- Reverse engineering
- Software Defined Radio / Mobile communications development experience
- Experience with modern UI frameworks including Angular.js, React.js, Vue.js.
- GNU toolchain experience
- Embedded systems experience (usage of JTAG Debuggers, JTAG Programmers, Serial Ports, ESD equipment)
- System administration experience (helps with design, development).
Twenty (20) years software engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required; Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for bachelor’s degree.
TS/SCI Appropriate Polygraph Required.
INNOPLEX, LLC is a family-focused company that has won numerous awards for Top Ranked Benefits, Best Places to Work, and Best Government Contractor in Howard County! Established in 2005, we have over 90 employees with the majority having a rich military service history. Our employees are mostly located in the surrounding areas of Columbia, MD and Aberdeen, MD. INNOPLEX, LLC is a mission-focused company with a wide range of expertise to include RF SIGINT Solutions, Wireless Protocol Processing, Cyber, and Mission Critical IT Operations.
INNOPLEX, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.