A wireless adaptive beamforming system that is utilized as an optimized frontend for follow-on collection systems. Our system consists of an antenna, digitizer radio, and server or other general purpose processors. We are able to assist with the collection of multiple wireless technologies by utilizing our software-based algorithms. The primary programming languages are C++ for the high-performance computing (i.e., algorithms and high throughput processing modules) and python for command and control (i.e., tasking, interfacing, adjusting knobs). We also utilize a software-defined radio architecture to facilitate the ease of data and resource management, but all of which is abstracted from the system user. Outside system users utilize our Google Protocol Buffer API and interface to command and control the system. We have many more upcoming targets with algorithms needing to be developed, multiple platforms to integrate with, and constant testing and optimization of our software. Additionally, we have some research-based tasks that need attention that would be on the table as we get additional people on the team.
- Significant experience in DSP related to commercial wireless standards
- Direct experience with adaptive beamforming techniques
- Significant experience with direction finding techniques
- Practical experience with development of algorithms with past performance in this skill area
- Knowledge of 2G/3G/4G/5G specific commercial wireless standards
- Significant knowledge in IEEE 802.11 protocols
- Experience with fixed and mobile beamforming techniques
Labor Category Requirements:
The Signals Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances signal processing software (e.g. detectors, demodulators, protocol processors). Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components
Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional SSWE or equivalent experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- At least Twelve (12) years of experience as a SSWE or equivalent on a project with a focus on Radio Frequency (RF) to include experience with Fourier transforms, filtering, communications theory, digital modulation, error control coding, signals analysis tools (e.g. WVT, DVT), and digital signal processing (e.g. adaptive beamforming/filtering, demodulation).
- Additional Experience Preferred: Software defined radio architectures (e.g. SCA, REDHAWK, or GNU), commercial wireless standards, geolocation techniques, software configuration management tools (e.g. GIT, Clearquest, Trac, or Subversion), Python, Eclipse IDE, Google Protocol Buffer, model-based design (e.g. Matlab, SIMULINK), service oriented architecture, and Linux OS.
INNOPLEX, LLC is a family-focused company that has been awarded numerous awards to include Top Ranked Benefits, Best Places to Work, and Best Government Contractor in Howard County! Established in 2005, we have over 85 employees with the majority having a rich military service history. Our employees are mostly located in the surrounding areas of Columbia, MD and Aberdeen, MD. INNOPLEX, LLC is a mission-focused company with a wide range of expertise to include RF SIGINT Solutions, Wireless Protocol Processing, Cyber, and Mission Critical IT Operations.
INNOPLEX, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.