Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. Manages IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. Provides Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of problem. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers. Configures and manages LINUX and Windows operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
Specific SA Role Responsibilities
The Team relies on our SAs to configure and maintain information technology (IT) systems used to collect and process Data from locations around the world. Most of this work is performed from our Fort Meade location, but there are some limited opportunities for travel. Approximately 75% to 80% of the systems managed are using CentOS or RedHat LINUX, with the remainder using Microsoft Windows variants, other LINUX variants, or proprietary/firmware environments. Common activities include: initial load of new servers, initial configuration on non-computing devices (NCDs), patching and securing existing servers or NCDs, testing new software or patches, and documenting security compliance. SAs require the customer’s “PRIVAC” designation at “NSYS” or “SYS1” level as determined by the government lead. SAs will be covered by the Cyber Workforce Improvement Program, which will require certification and ongoing professional education in the “Information Assurance Technical-Personnel (IAT)” category as listed below.
Other possible roles/skills to consider are: Possess a strong background in testing and troubleshooting application errors. Strong verbal and English skills. Interact with customer personnel on technical matter, often requiring coordinated activities across organizational lines. Provide technical guidance to lower level personnel. Provide system integration and administration across multiple platforms and multiple applications running between them using an array of scripts that initialize and control various application functionality.
System Administrator (SA-3) Requirements
- Experience installing, administering, and maintaining Linux servers
- Experience with TCP/IP networking
- Experience with VMware and ESXi virtualization
- Experience configuring non-computing devices (NCDs) such as KVM switches, networked UPSs, and networked power distribution units
- Experience Using Kick scripts to install servers
- Experience Patching CentOS servers to maintain security compliance
- Evaluating IAVAs for applicability to specific systems; implementing IAVA remediation
- Experience managing virtual servers
- Experience Writing Kick scripts to install servers
- Experience Using Biscotti, LatteArt, BigFix
- Writing POAMs for IAVAs
- Troubleshooting issues specific to virtualization of servers with VMWare
- Managing distributed remote servers
- Implementing and troubleshooting central authentication
- Configuring embedded OS on non-computing devices Writing SPFs for Secure the Enterprise requirements
- Troubleshooting server installation with Kick scripts
- Managing repositories for multi-server installation
- Tools for management of distributed/remote servers
- Tools for automation of software updates and patching
Fifteen (15) years system administration experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government required. Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
TS\SCI with Appropriate Polygraph Security Clearance
INNOPLEX, LLC is a family-focused company that has been awarded numerous awards to include Top Ranked Benefits, Best Places to Work, and Best Government Contractor in Howard County! Established in 2005, we have over 90 employees with the majority having a rich military service history. Our employees are mostly located in the surrounding areas of Columbia, MD and Aberdeen, MD. INNOPLEX, LLC is a mission-focused company with a wide range of expertise to include RF SIGINT Solutions, Wireless Protocol Processing, Cyber, and Mission Critical IT Operations.
INNOPLEX, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.