The Signals Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances signal processing software (e.g. detectors, demodulators, protocol processors). Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
The Level 2 Signals Software Engineer shall possess the following capabilities:
- Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
- Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
- Debug existing software and correct defects
- Describe various signal processing techniques
- Identify various digital modulation techniques
- Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
- Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
- Develop/implement algorithms to meet system performance and functional standards
- Assist with developing and executing test procedures for software components
- Write/review software and system documentation
- Develop software solutions, confer with users or system engineers
- Analyze systems flow, data usage and work processes
- Investigate problem areas
- Serve as team lead at the level appropriate to the software development process being used on any particular project
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Use signal processing algorithms to convert a signals
- Design signal processing software based on sparse documentation
- Lead one or more software development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with the constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project
- Design/ implement complex signal processing algorithms requiring adherence to strict timing, system resource, or interface constraints
- Perform quality control on products
- Write software using C++, Java; suggest languages as needed to solve problems
- Advanced understanding of the Linux operating system Confer with system engineers and software engineers to derive software requirements and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces
- Develop and maintain software framework to enable efficient processing of data
- Identify the source of problems in an a Radio Frequency (RF) processing system and associated systems in an enterprise architecture
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. At least seven (7) years’ experience as a SSWE or equivalent on a project with a focus on Radio Frequency (RF) to include experience with Fourier transforms, filtering, communications theory, digital modulation, error control coding, signals analysis tools (e.g. WVT, DVT), and digital signal processing (e.g. adaptive beamforming/ filtering, demodulation). Four (4) years of additional SSWE or equivalent experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Appropriate Polygraph
Additional Experience Preferred:
Software defined radio architectures (e.g. SCA, REDHAWK, or GNU), commercial wireless standards, geolocation techniques, software configuration management tools (e.g. GIT, Clearquest, Trac, or Subversion), Python, Eclipse IDE, Google Protocol Buffer, model-based design (e.g. Matlab, SIMULINK), service oriented architecture, and Linux OS.
INNOPLEX, LLC is a family-focused company that has been awarded numerous awards to include Top Ranked Benefits, Best Places to Work, and Best Government Contractor in Howard County! Established in 2005, we have over 95 employees with the majority having a rich military service history. Our employees are mostly located in the surrounding areas of Columbia, MD and Aberdeen, MD. INNOPLEX, LLC is a mission-focused company with a wide range of expertise to include RF SIGINT Solutions, Wireless Protocol Processing, Cyber, and Mission Critical IT Operations.
INNOPLEX, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.