Advanced Wireless Team (AWT) – System Engineer – Level 3
AWT requires a full-time system engineer to support the initial phase of this team. The FTE will sit in FANX 3 and will help draft AWT requirements and support XAG planning efforts. This engineer will conduct discovery efforts on 5G technologies, supporting 5G efforts across XAG. This engineer would derive development requirements from received operational requirements, integrate future wireless activities into XAG’s processes, and collaborate with XAG infrastructure engineers.
SE3 Skills Required:
SE Skills Desired:
- Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Maintains knowledge of current and evolving agency, national, and international standards applicable to the system development of interest. Applies and enforces use of suitable standards to ensure consistency interoperability of developer hardware and software.
- Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities.
- Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
- Provide technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of all components of complex hardware/software systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessments and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis.
- Develops technical documentation. Develops system Architecture and system design documentation.
- Guides systems development and implement planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
- In dept knowledge of wireless communications to include but not limited to 5G, WiMax, (802.16d,e); WiFi (802.11a,b,g,n); LTE (FDD,TDD); Signal Types DSS, OFDMA, SCOFDMA; CDMA (1xRTT, EVDO, HSDPA); UMTS. As to prioritization, LTE and 5G are the most required.
- Develops system design alternatives that consider life cycle cost, reuse, complexity, risk, system expansion, and growth.
- Establishes and follows a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces.
- In depth Wireless Protocol Knowledge
- GSM, CDMA, UMTS, LTE, 802.11, 802.16, 5G; Signal Types DSS, OFDMA, SCOFDMA; CDMA (1xRTT, EVDO, HSDPA); UMTS.
- As to prioritization, LTE and 5G are the most desired.
- Geolocation, Ground-Based, Algorithm design & prototyping. Radio Direction Finding; Angle of Arrival Estimation; Time and Frequency Difference of Arrival (T/FDOA) precision geo-location.
- Active Operations.
- CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required.
TS\SCI with Appropriate Polygraph Security Clearance
- Twenty (20) years system engineering experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required. Demonstrated experience in planning and leading Systems Engineering efforts is required. Bachelor's degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Serves as a member of the Configuration Control Board (CCB)
- Technical Lead providing direction to development Team for new product features.
INNOPLEX, LLC is a family-focused company that has been awarded numerous awards to include Top Ranked Benefits, Best Places to Work, and Best Government Contractor in Howard County! Established in 2005, we have over 90 employees with the majority having a rich military service history. Our employees are mostly located in the surrounding areas of Columbia, MD and Aberdeen, MD. INNOPLEX, LLC is a mission-focused company with a wide range of expertise to include RF SIGINT Solutions, Wireless Protocol Processing, Cyber, and Mission Critical IT Operations.
INNOPLEX, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.