Position Specific Capabilities:
The customer is looking for computer scientists with the following skills/experience:
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years of experience utilizing coding languages: C, Python, GNU Tools, and Linux Kernel Code
- Programming experience for embedded Linux both user-space and kernel-mode software in C and ideally C++ as well
- Low-level development experience - e.g. interrupt handlers, device drivers, controlling peripherals, reading/writing Flash memory, etc
- Experience porting the Linux kernel to other hardware platforms, especially ARM-based platforms
- Experience with OpenWRT/LEDE distribution highly preferred
- Experience with the creation of Linux packages, ideally OwenWRT/LEDE, but also RPM packages for Fedora/Red Hat
- Experience standing up cross-compilers and build environments for bootstrapping a cross-development environment
- Understanding of GNU Make
- Knowledge of network protocols: TCP/IP, ETHERNET, 802.1Q, GRE, MPLS, L2VPN, VXLAN, BGP, IS-IS
- Experience supporting patches for projects
- Python experience
- Gov't Software Framework experience available in reading room is a plus
- Note that a candidate does not necessarily need to possess all of the items listed
Labor Category Description:
The Computer Scientist shall have an expertise and knowledge and be able to apply this knowledge in the design, development, test and documentation of software code. The Computer Scientist shall apply sound planning, analysis and programming and coding practices.
Labor Category Capabilities:
- Software driver development
- Software application development
- Digital signal processing applications
- Client/server applications
- Legacy and current processor technology
- Operating systems, architectures, and interfaces
- Assembly and high-level programming languages
- Software/code reverse engineering
- Embedded software development
- Moderate and participate in software peer reviews
- Provide technical management using project management best practices
- Lead a small team of contractor technical personnel
- Effectively communicate, both written and verbally, to the technical team, management, and customer so as to inform them of progress, plans and potential problems and viable solutions
- Apply sound planning, analysis, and programming and coding practices
Labor Category Qualifications:
Qualifications: Eight (8) years of experience in software and firmware design, development and test to include writing clear, concise, functioning and fully commented code that follow applicable Government standards and a Master’s degree in Engineering, Physical Science, Computer Science, or Systems Engineering from an accredited college or university is required OR Ten (10) years of experience in software and firmware design, development and test to include writing clear, concise, functioning and fully commented code that follow applicable Government standards and a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physical Science, Computer Science, or Systems Engineering from an accredited college or university is required.
Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
INNOPLEX, LLC is a family-focused company that has been awarded numerous awards to include Top Ranked Benefits, Best Places to Work, and Best Government Contractor in Howard County! Established in 2005, we have over 90 employees with the majority having a rich military service history. Our employees are mostly located in the surrounding areas of Columbia, MD and Aberdeen, MD. INNOPLEX, LLC is a mission-focused company with a wide range of expertise to include RF SIGINT Solutions, Wireless Protocol Processing, Cyber, and Mission Critical IT Operations..
INNOPLEX, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.