Designs and tests new integrated circuits and hardware components for a wide variety of signal processing applications and research. Designs, documents, and develops code (to include firmware) for digital signal processors or other programmable hardware devices such as Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) and Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) hardware. Analyzes the function of existing integrated circuits and hardware components for the purpose of reverse engineering the hardware and firmware. Conducts the necessary hardware engineering and related functions to modify and adapt vendor-manufactured hardware to meet special Government needs and contingencies.
The Contractor shall perform the following tasks:
Labor Category Capabilities:
- Provide a report that outlines the offerings, business models, design flows, differentiating features and software support provided by the eFPGA vendors.
- Utilize the licensed software and an existing eFPGA block from each vendor in a currently supported process node for the purpose of evaluating the customer deliverables, documentation, and support. Provide a report summarizing the results of the effort.
- Utilize a development board or test hardware, evaluate back-end software support for managing the eFPGA in the ASIC hardware. this includes creating bitstreams, closing timing, managing initial and dynamic configurations and providing a report summarizing the results of the effort.
- Provide a report summarizing the security related benefits and vulnerabilities of utilizing eFPGAs, as well as the recommended security architectures for protecting sensitive data
- Utilize a design vehicle, incorporate an eFPGA block(s) from vendors into ASIC, manufacture in a Trusted Foundry, evaluate the resulting parts and provide a report.
- Design and develop components for the eFPGA proof on concept and functional demonstration.
Position Specific Capabilities:
- Assist with designing new products and processes and improving and maintaining existing products
- Conduct design analysis on components and/or assemblies to assist in the development process by ensuring designs are cost efficient, able to be manufactured, and reliable
- Communicate with the other engineering personnel to coordinate the interrelated design and assure project completion
- Apply ASIC or FPGA place and route (P&R) tools with various libraries to create physical implementations of designs
- Develop and maintain documentation for the P&R design flows
- Assist with de-processing electronic components and retrieving stored firmware or software using approved reverse engineering procedures
- Design new products and processes and improving and maintaining existing products Integrate new P&R tools, P&R tool updates, and ASIC or FPGA design libraries into Government’s computer aided design environment, documents the use of those tools and libraries, and Assist other physical designers to successfully complete their specific P&R design tasks
- Work with tool and library vendors to develop solutions for designers’ P&R design challenges
- Perform the de-processing of electronic components and retrieving stored firmware or software using approved reverse engineering procedures
- Lead the designs of new products and processes and improve and maintain existing products
- Provide technical leadership to less experienced engineers
- Perform the de-processing of electronic components and retrieving stored firmware or software using approved reverse engineering procedures and develops improved procedures
- Design For Test (DFT) implementation and Automated Test Pattern Generation (ATPG)
- Xilinx/Intel/Microsemi design tools and FPGAs (1 of the 3)
- RTL coding (VHDL or Verilog)
- ASIC or FPGA simulation tools
- ASIC or FPGA synthesis tools
Labor Category Qualifications:
- Embedded FPGA (eFPGA) (ex Flex Logix EFLEX or Acronix Speedcore)
- Embedded processors (ex Zynq or Microblaze or RISC)
- Use of IP cores FPGA designs
- ASIC Static Timing Analysis
Seven (7) years experience as a HDE in integrated circuit or microelectronic component design or reverse engineering of the same is required. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional hardware design engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
Position requires TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
INNOPLEX, LLC is a family-focused company that has been awarded numerous awards to include Top Ranked Benefits, Best Places to Work, and Best Government Contractor in Howard County! Established in 2005, we have over 90 employees with the majority having a rich military service history. Our employees are mostly located in the surrounding areas of Columbia, MD and Aberdeen, MD. INNOPLEX, LLC is a mission-focused company with a wide range of expertise to include RF SIGINT Solutions, Wireless Protocol Processing, Cyber, and Mission Critical IT Operations.
INNOPLEX, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.