- Develop and document JIRA Sites, workflows, components, custom forms, metrics, data sharing portals, and navigation using out-of-the-box user facing features and components
- Develop and document Confluence master pages, child pages, templates, widget, metrics, and histograms from varying sources using out-of-the-box user facing features and components
- Develop and document new targeting strategies and mission processes to improve targeting and secure data sharing, supported by technical diagrams, process and workflow descriptions and technical documentation
- Define near term and long-term improvements for remodeling targeting tools for greater compliance fidelity
- Document and track targeting risks and issues
- Develop and maintain strategic plans and milestone tracking for targeting projects; propose tasks to support efficiency, modernization or advancement of targeting objectives; document and communicate targeting projects efficiently to a wide range of stakeholders
- Develop, sustain and manage JIRA and Confluence content and manage other communications mediums used to convey status, metrics and socialization of targeting activities
- Author technical documentation to support targeting legacy and modernization initiatives, to include CONOPs, strategy documents, business plans, technology/modernization road maps, transition plans
- Create and maintain project documentation, presentations, tracking, tasking etc. in Microsoft Word SharePoint, Excel, and PowerPoint
- No travel is anticipated in the performance of this task.
- Strong understanding of JIRA and Confluence applications
- Good understanding of the SIGINT lifecycle
- Experience in developing Strategic Plans, capability level, functional, interface and requirements
- Experience in defining and modeling business processes and workflows and identifying mechanisms and approaches for process improvement and/or automation
- Minimum one (1) year experience in developing and managing JIRA projects and Confluence pages
- Knowledge of general distributed processing methodology, cloud-based architectures and technology, and organizational development and design
- Experience and strong user level competence in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Expert working knowledge or experience with SharePoint and Atlassian suite products (especially JIRA and Confluence)
- Experience with or knowledge of SIGINT workflow
- Experience with or knowledge of targeting, dataflow or related mission systems
- Basic understanding of metadata tagging, ‘smartdata’ as it relates to cloud related technologies
- Understanding of or experience working with external IC or foreign partners in a SIGINT environment
Analyzes user’s requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications. Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities. Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies. Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations. Develops technical documentation. Develops system Architecture and system design documentation. Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans. Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Contributes to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Manages system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s) - Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), etc.
- Assists with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components
- Coordinates the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
- Participates in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations
- Participates in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents
- Participates in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle
- Allocates real-time process budgets and error budgets to systems and subsystem components
- Derives from the system requirements and understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness
- Derives lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable
- Generates alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions
- Participates in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc.) that provides a common reference point for hardware and software developers
- Defines the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan
- Develops system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis
- Develops derived requirements for Information Assurance Services (Confidentiality, Integrity, Non repudiation, and Availability); Basic Information Assurance Mechanisms (e.g., Identification, Authentication, Access Control, Accountability); and Security Mechanism Technology (Passwords, cryptography, discretionary access control, mandatory access control, hashing, key management, etc.)
- Reviews and provides input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and the integrated master plan (IMP)
- Provides technical direction for the development, engineering, interfacing, integration, and testing of specific components of complex hardware/software systems to include requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, conducting systems requirements reviews, developing concepts of operation and interface standards, developing system architectures, and performing technical/non-technical assessment and management as well as end-to-end flow analysis
- Implements comprehensive SOA solutions
- Implements operational view, technical standards view, and system and services view for architectures using applicable DoDAF standards
- Develops scenarios (threads) and an Operational Concept that describes the interactions between the system, the user, and the environment, that satisfies operational, support, maintenance, and disposal needs
- Reviews and/or approves system engineering documentation to ensure that processes and specifications meet system needs and are accurate, comprehensive, and complete
- Conducts quantitative analysis in non-functional system performance areas like Reliability, Maintainability, Vulnerability, Survivability, Produceability, etc.)
- Establishes and follows a formal procedure for coordinating system integration activities among multiple teams, ensuring complete coverage of all interfaces
- Captures all interface designs in a common interface control format, and stores interface data in a commonly accessible repository
- Prepares time-line analysis diagrams illustrating the flow of time-dependent functions
- Establishes a process to formally and proactively control and manage changes to requirements, considers impacts prior to commitment to change, gains stakeholder buy-in, eliminates ambiguity, ensures traceability to source requirements, and tracks and settles open actions
- Assess each risk to the program and determine the probability of occurrence and quantified consequence of failure in accordance with an approved risk management plan
- Manages and ensures the technical integrity of the system baseline over time, continually updating it as various changes are imposed on the system during the lifecycle from development through deployment and operations & maintenance
- In conjunction with system stakeholders, plans the verification efforts of new and unproven designs early in the development life cycle to ensure compliance with established requirements
- Supports the planning and test analysis of the DoD Certification/Accreditation Process (as well as other Government Certification and Accreditation (C&A) processes)
- Supports the development and review of Joint Capability Integration Development System (JCIDS) documents (i.e., Initial Capability Document, Capabilities Description Document, IA Strategy)
TS/SCI Appropriate Polygraph Required
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Fourteen (14) years of experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
INNOPLEX, LLC is a family-focused company that has been awarded numerous awards to include Top Ranked Benefits, Best Places to Work, and Best Government Contractor in Howard County! Established in 2005, we have over 90 employees with the majority having a rich military service history. Our employees are mostly located in the surrounding areas of Columbia, MD and Aberdeen, MD. INNOPLEX, LLC is a mission-focused company with a wide range of expertise to include RF SIGINT Solutions, Wireless Protocol Processing, Cyber, and Mission Critical IT Operations.
INNOPLEX, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.