Join a company that is career focused not contract focused. We like to promote and place staff internally to keep our people working on projects that they are truly passionate about. We are always looking to add talent and diverse perspectives to our team. We believe that our people and culture are our greatest assets, and we will continue to ensure that our employees get opportunities to sustain and grow their careers. Our company’s leadership, program managers, and project leads have long standing relationships with many clients and corporate partners ensuring long lasting career opportunities for our team. Our business development team continuously seeks cutting-edge contracts and mission oriented efforts for our employees to join.
The Information Systems Security Engineer (ISSE) shall perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs.
- Designs, develops, implements and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements.
- Builds IA into systems deployed to operational environments.
- Assists architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security policy and enterprise solutions.
- Supports the building of security architectures.
- Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures.
- Assesses and mitigates system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle. Contributes to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations.
- Reviews certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content.
- Applies system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following to : system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control); and security testing.
- Support security authorization activities in compliance with NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP) and DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF), the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, and prescribed NSA/CSS business processes for security engineering.
- Participate as a security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments
- Participate as a security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation and/or integration of IA architectures, systems, or system components
- Participate as the primary security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments
- Apply knowledge of IA policy, procedures, and workforce structure to design, develop, and implement secure networking, computing, and enclave environments
- Interact with the customer and other project team members
- Participate as the primary security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of IA architectures, systems, or system components
- Support the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures
- Support security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management
- Identify overall security requirements for the proper handling of Government data
- Provide security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management
- Perform system or network designs that encompass multiple enclaves, to include those with differing data protection/classification requirements
- Recommend system-level solutions to resolve security requirements
- Support the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures.
- Experience with deploying RF systems is a plus.
- The ISSE 2 must meet the DOD 8570 IASAE Level 2 (CISSP) requirement.
Active, current TS/SCI Appropriate Polygraph required.
INNOPLEX, LLC is a family-focused company that has been awarded numerous awards to include Top Ranked Benefits, Best Places to Work, and Best Government Contractor in Howard County! Established in 2005, we have over 85 employees with the majority having a rich military service history. Our employees are mostly located in the surrounding areas of Columbia, MD and Aberdeen, MD. INNOPLEX, LLC is a mission-focused company with a wide range of expertise to include RF SIGINT Solutions, Wireless Protocol Processing, Cyber, and Mission Critical IT Operations.
INNOPLEX, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Fourteen (14) years’ experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college university is required. DoD 8570.01-M compliance with IASAE Level 2 is required; CISSP Certification is required. Four (4) years of ISSE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Must also have 3 years of demonstrated experience within the CNO, IA, IT and SIGINT Domains.